Are you looking for an interesting and varied role working with animals?
Senior Cat Care Assistant
- Hours: 25.5 over 4 days: between Tuesday – Saturday (days to be confirmed) – You may be required to work at weekends, bank holidays and occasional evenings
- Salary: £7.60 per hour
- Annual Leave: 5.6 weeks
We are looking for a Senior Cat Care Assistant, with experience of working with animals.
Overview of the Senior Cat Care Assistant role:
- Assist staff with feeding and medicating cats and kittens.
- To tidy and clean the cat rooms, to ensure that the cats in shelter live in a safe and hygienic environment.
- To show visitors around the shelter and provide information about the cats to help find each cat the ideal home.
- To ensure that all action is taken in accordance with the Charities policies and guidelines.
- To provide cover in emergencies or for holiday leave, where reasonably required for senior and junior staff.
- To take responsibility for the shelter in the absence of the Cat Care Manager or Deputy Manager.
- To feed and medicate the cats and kittens, keeping clear and concise medical records, and monitoring any ill health.
- Assist in assessing the adoption needs of each cat or kitten.
- Take ownership of reception duties when necessary.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities of volunteers.
- To ensure all staff and volunteers maintain a high standard of customer care at all times.
Please see the full Job Description and Person Specification (download below) for more information.
To apply please complete an application form:-
Apply online (via a Google Form)
Or download a Word or PDF version:
- Senior Cat Care Assistant – Application Form in word
- Senior Cat Care Assistant – Application Form – PDF – suitable for printing
- Equal Opportunities Form
Completed applications and equal opportunities forms should be returned to Personnel@thesheffieldcatsshelter.org.uk or by post by 5pm on 28th November 2017.
Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place on the 4th December 2017.
Any questions about this vacancy can also be sent to the Personnel inbox. Postal applications can be returned to
The Sheffield Cats Shelter
1 Travis Place